Friday 28 January 2011

Day Four: Sexy Legs Exercise Challenge

Exercise/s: This challenge is made up of seven exercises:
  1. Lunge (left foot forward). Max reps in 2 minutes 30 seconds.
  2. Interval Skipping. 5 minutes. 10 rounds of 10/20 second intervals.
  3. Lunge (right foot forward). Max reps in 2 minutes 30 seconds.
  4. Interval Skipping. 5 minutes. 10 rounds of 10/20 second intervals.
  5. Lunge. (left foot forward). Max reps in 2 minutes 30 seconds. 
  6. Interval Skipping. 5 minutes. 10 rounds of 10/20 second intervals.
  7. Lunge (right foot forward). Max reps in 2 minutes 30 seconds. 
Aim: To KILL yourself! "I know that it says “challenge” but this is more like a killer challenging workout". She wasn't lying.

Results: I didn't manage it all the way through. I was coughing horribly after the first interval skipping, and pushed on to exercise 4 before I had to stop. My lungs are very sore.
  1. 40 lunges on the left leg. These are surprisingly difficult. I don't know what to do with my arms.
  2. 406 rope jumps in this interval. Its a little odd jumping rope as I don't have one. 
  3. 37 lunges on the right leg. So hard to keep going. Had to take a minutes break.
  4. 420 rope jumps in this interval. Trying to get knees up when jumping. 
Thoughts and feelings: I'm in a lot of pain, and had to stop half way through, but really enjoyed it. Brutus definitely knocked and came in. I think next time I attempt this I will keep a chair close by for support during the lunges. I'm still waiting for my interval timer to be delivered, so I was timing using a stop watch. Not the easiest approach. I don't have space in my room to use a jump rope so I was jumping on the spot, rotating my arms, as If I had a rope.

All in all I'm pleased. A great workout, and I'm looking forward to trying it again. I think I need to work on form for lunges, as I have never tried them before today. Time to hit the shower and think about a snack.

P.S. I have lost 4lbs after 4 days of taking better care of my self. Well worth the effort. 

2 comments:

  1. If you have a computer near you can use this:

    http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/

    I'm going to get a timer too so I can go running with it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent find. I shall definitely use this until my timer arrives. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete