Friday 28 January 2011

Day Four: Breakfast

So I'm running behind my schedule today. I couldn't force myself out of bed. At 6 am this morning I coughed, spluttered, groaned, and rolled over. Not the best start, but I'm determined to manage some real exercise today.

With that in mind I made a lemsip and looked around for something to eat that was going to give me the energy and kick to workout. I have a general rule of thumb, that if a fruit or vegetable is green, it's usually VERY good for you.

Being a shopping day there isn't much fruit left but I found some tired grapes (I love grapes), an old banana, and some limes. It would appear that these all mixed together makes a delicious, if somewhat bitty, smoothie.

A couple of handfuls of grapes, one banana, and the juice of one lime, with a little water to thin. I think it's important that you don't use milk to thin it. Yum yum yum. I can feel all the vitamin C and good green bits doing their job.

I love it when you can look at a pile of ingredients, and your body tells you exactly what it needs and how much. I can see banana grape smoothie being a regular breakfast. I shall try it again later with fresher ingredients and probably add it to the recipes section.

No comments:

Post a Comment