Thursday 17 February 2011

Preparation and location.

Interval Skipping. 

Okay, so up until now I have been interval skipping indoors without using a rope. I had convinced myself that this was necessary as I was using the online tabata clock, and there isn't the space to use a real rope. I think that was a mistake. Without the rope I'm really only just jumping up and down on the spot in my room, and that gets real boring real quick.

Now that I have my Gymboss timer I intend to take the skipping outside into the garden. I should be able to use the paved area where the garden table normally stands. I have reserved a good speed rope to collect before work tomorrow, and have been messing around with programming the timer.

It may seem like such a simple thing, to take it into the garden, but I think one of the reasons I have been struggling is location. I have spent so long focusing my room into a work/writing space, that It feels wrong to exercise there. A simple psychological quirk, but one that stops me wanting to do workouts. Thankfully the weather is improving so It wont be hard to take the skipping outside; and I hope the open space and venue change will make all the difference.

I'll give it a proper try tomorrow once I have the rope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment