Wednesday 2 February 2011

Day Nine: Convalescence Part 2

Another day of not doing much. I was at work today, which was uncomfortable. All the muscles in my abs and back are tight and sore. I think I may need a bath in the morning before stretching. I'm still feeling restless, and may have to do something tomorrow. I like the look of the new Legs on Fire Exercise Challenge. I will see how I am in the morning.

I've started to notice little changes in my body over the last day or two (despite the pain). My calves have been noticeably tighter and firmer from all of the skipping. My neck and shoulders have also felt firmer too. It's crazy that these results are from so little exercise, and I can't wait to get better and push longer routines. I'm not eating as much either. I don't know if this is because I'm eating better foods (although not today! Sigh). It's like my body is doing more with less. Who knows.

I was reading through instructions on the Legs on Fire Exercise Challenge and Zuzanna talks about swapping out skipping (if you can't use a rope, which I can't) for several other exercises. I think I will try mixing my interval skips for several of the other forms as well as the skipping. I think it make the routines more interesting, and focus my activity onto more muscle groups.

I'm giving a lot of thought to starting a mandatory skipping routine everyday on top of the regular routines. Even if it's just 10 minutes additional skipping, earlier or later in the day, I think I will see some positive benefits. Perhaps it would be worth getting a real rope and hitting the garden for this portion. I have my interval timer now, so I can take this outside.

Still going back and forth in my head over buying the Dip Station. Leaning more towards just buying it and seeing what happens. It's a good investment, and I should be able to manage the finances. I will force myself to make a decision in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment